Monday, June 11, 2018

Summer School Suggestion

The Asset Pricing online class is back, now hosted on Canvas. This is a first-year PhD level course in asset pricing. Advanced undergraduates and MBAs with some economics and basic calculus can take it too.  I mention it again as it is well suited as a summer school project, and I realized in talking to colleagues that not everyone who knew about the original class knows it's alive again.  Go here to sign up.

Faculty can also assign it or parts of it, and using the canvas system find out if students have taken the quizzes. This makes it a useful summer school prerequisite for fall classses, or you can use it or parts of it in a flipped classrom -- have the students do an online unit, take the quiz, and then show up to class prepared for more advanced discussion.

More information here on my webpage, along with all the videos and notes, and lots of extra material. If you don't want to take the quizzes, you can see the videos and notes without taking the course.

3 comments:

  1. John-could this class be useful to a finance undergrad and corporate attorney? Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link to Princeton University Press webpage for your book Asset Pricing given on your webpage "Asset Pricing" results in 'IP can't be found'.

    The correct web address of the book publisher's webpage promoting your book is https://press.princeton.edu/titles/7836.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother was assigned to write a speech for a school event at school. He asked me to help with this matter, but I'm also not a very good writer. Who could help with this?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Keep it short, polite, and on topic.

Thanks to a few abusers I am now moderating comments. I welcome thoughtful disagreement. I will block comments with insulting or abusive language. I'm also blocking totally inane comments. Try to make some sense. I am much more likely to allow critical comments if you have the honesty and courage to use your real name.