Monday, February 3, 2020

Boot Camp


The Hoover Institution will host another "Policy Boot Camp" August 16-22. See here for details and how to apply. It's a one-week survey of serious policy analysis.

The program includes  economists such as John Taylor, Ed Lazear, Amit Seru, Caroline Hoxby, Erik Hurst, and yours truly. Learn about international affairs from H.R. McMaster, Jim Mattis and  Condoleezza Rice. Niall Ferguson on Nationalism vs. Globalism and Bjorn Lomborg on climate should be worth it all on their own. And many more.

It's designed for "college students and recent graduates," but I think that is a bit elastic. Food and lodging free.

Update: in response to a commenter. Yes, PhD students and even those a year or two out are welcome. 

3 comments:

  1. If food and lodging are free to the policy bootcamp, I will attend if you also buy my airline ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OT but an interesting discussion about narrow Banking and disintermediation

    https://www.omfif.org/2020/02/what-libra-means-for-money-creation/

    Also, this article raises uncomfortable questions about the creation of money perhaps better done through money financed fiscal programs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it make sense to apply as a PhD student? I don't want to waste $100 to be said I'm too old for this.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Keep it short, polite, and on topic.

Thanks to a few abusers I am now moderating comments. I welcome thoughtful disagreement. I will block comments with insulting or abusive language. I'm also blocking totally inane comments. Try to make some sense. I am much more likely to allow critical comments if you have the honesty and courage to use your real name.